I don't want anyone to miss out on the life they need to lead. My lifelong quest is helping people realize their potential for wellbeing.
I started helping people make meaningful changes in their life over 25 years ago as a career consultant with Washington State Government. I expanded my skills and areas of expertise as I learned more about what people needed in order to make the transformations they desired. This eventually led me to hypnotherapy which is the fastest and most effective method I've discovered to help people make important changes in their lives.
Related Professional Certifications & Experience
- Board Certified Hypnotherapist. Registered hypnotherapist in Washington State, Certified Hypnotist with National Guild of Hypnotists, Board Certified 5-PATH hypnotherapist and 7th Path Self-hypnosis teacher, Member of the National Guild of Hypnotists.
- Coach. Certified coach with Coach Training Alliance, Certified Conversational Intelligence Coach with Judith Glaser, Certified Professional MBTI practitioner.
Recognized by Al Gore's National Performance Review for writing a career guide called the The Map for Success. Awarded a Certificate of Excellence by Washington State Department of Social & Health Services for contributions to the foster care system. Winner of multiple Z08 Awards as part of the Washington State Labor & Industries Wellness 360˚ team. My coaching background helps me get results for my hypnotherapy clients.
- Trauma Informed. Trained in the subject of trauma with Bessel Van Der Kolk, Deb Dana, and Linda Graham. I am highly trained in helping people process traumatic events.
- Teacher. Co-developer and teacher of the highly rated Building Resilient Teams program at South Puget Sound Community College (SPSCC) since 2017. As a teacher I also love explaining how hypnosis works with the brain and nervous system. My clients typically become very educated which is part of the recipe for their success.
- Sound Healer. Certified Sound Healer with Tom Kenyon in 2013. Have done sound healing workshops with IANDS (International Association of Near Death Studies) at two international conferences, St Placid Priory, Heart of Wellness, @ONE with Jeffery Olsen and Dr. Jeff O' Driscoll, Mountain Vista UU Congregation of Tucson, Unity Church of Mesa, and many others.
You might find these things interesting
- In my earlier years, after graduating from Whitman College, I signed an international record deal with Private Music as half of the duo called Bounce The Ocean. We made it big in Argentina and one song went up to #19 on the Adult Contemporary charts in the US. Although I loved playing music and still do, I learned from this experience that I need to help people directly in order feel fulfilled in my daily life.
- I spent two months in rural Zimbabwe. My former partner was kidnapped from the US when she was eight and taken to Zimbabwe. 40 years later, we actually found some of the people who helped her survive and get back home. This was a real miracle. We were also invited to an ancestor dance. As far as I know we (and three of our friends) were the only outsiders to ever be included in this event. It was amazing! (I had shorter hair, and less gray hair back then.)
- I now live on Reed Lake just southeast of Bellingham with my wonderful life partner Kari and her two kids. This is a big change after living in Olympia for the last 30 years. However, Whatcom County is absolutely beautiful. Kari lived most of her adult life in Australia and her kids were born there. I get to eat a lot of Vegemite and have learned to use words like "rubbish" instead of "garbage" and "caravan" instead of "trailer." I don't think I've picked up the Australian accent though.
As a teacher I love explaining how hypnosis works with the brain and nervous system. My clients become very educated.